Medicare Supplement Policies

Medicare Supplement and Advantage Plans

Medicare is a government-sponsored health insurance program for people who are 65 or older. Typically, Medicare plans cover about 64 percent of your annual health care expenses.  Many choose Medicare Advantage Plans to help cover most of the remaining 36 percent of medical costs not covered by their Medicare plan.

You now have more choices than ever for what type of coverage you can purchase. Private insurance companies are offering alternatives to the original Medicare Part A & B and traditional Medicare Supplement (Medigap) policies.

Medicare Alternative Plans

These types of plans offer all of the benefits of Medicare Part A & B, along with additional benefits not covered by original Medicare. Some plans even include the new Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage.

Premiums, out-of-pocket expense and benefits can vary significantly among insurance companies.

You should compare the choices available to you and let us help in choosing the right plan for your needs.

Options Available:

  • Traditional Medicare Supplement (Medigap)
  • Medicare Part D
  • Advantage Plans with Part D
  • Advantage Plans without Part D

Advantage Plans

Tennessee’s Medicare Advantage Plans offer a number of options.  We don’t expect you to be a Medicare expert. That’s why Jeff, our in-house Medicare professional, is here to help you learn and understand the three main areas of Medicare Advantage Plans.

  • Medicare Basics
  • Benefits
  • Enrollment Process

Reasons to consider a Medicare Advantage Plan

  • You want a cap on your annual out-of-pocket spending for medical care
  • You like the idea of including your medical, hospital, and prescription drug coverage under one plan
  • You want an alternative to supplementing your Original Medicare with more insurance
  • You want extra benefits that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, like vision, hearing, dental and more

At Widener Insurance Agency, we understand choosing a health plan is an important decision.  We are here to help you find the care you deserve. We will walk you through the process, step by step, so you can feel confident in your decision to enroll in a new plan or switch coverage. The more you know, the more likely you are to get the plan that’s right for you.

We contract with health insurance companies that meet our customers’ needs and offer extra benefits to prioritize and maintain good health. Our goal is to work with clients in selecting health plans that will provide all-in-one care. We are pleased to offer products from these leading health insurance companies.